Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Avengers (2012)

The Avengers did not turn out, for me at least, the way I expected it would. I, by no means, dislike superhero movies, but they're also not my absolute favorite type of movie. In addition, the only origin movies I had seen of the characters in The Avengers were Iron Man 1 and 2. So, when I went into the movie theater to see The Avengers, I expected it to just be a fun way to pass the time with my friends, seeing an entertaining, but not amazing movie.

I was wrong; I loved The Avengers. Even without the backstory that some people had that I didn't, I thought it was an extraordinary movie, and had a great time watching it.

There were tons of great things about The Avengers, and I can't list them all. The action scenes were great, and the fast pace of a lot of the fighting made it even better. I think the special effects in the movie were also very good. Practically every actor or actress did their job very well, and because of all these factors combined, I quickly became lost in the movie and ended up enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

Despite all the great things about The Avengers, I feel this wouldn't be a fair review if I didn't mention the one thing that bothered me throughout the movie: the lack of distribution of power amongst the team. It seemed to me that all the power in the team rested with Thor, the Hulk, and Iron Man, while Captain America, Black Widow, and, of course, Hawkeye, were left lagging behind.

Even with this one flaw, The Avengers was still a great film. There aren't many things I could say to make it better. I think The Avengers is a movie anyone should see, because you never know -- you might go in expecting one thing, and leave with a completely different experience.

Tyler Dewhirst

No comments:

Post a Comment